For my first style shoot, I decided upon the location before I chose my outfit. I had really wanted to take some pictures down at DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) - a super chic area of the city - as I envisaged using the sleek and modern architecture for my first point of inspiration.

In Dubai, where driving is a necessity, you can find little pockets of pedestrianised locations that each bring a different element to the city. Dubai Marina, for instance, offers a chance to see amazing yachts and boats, and enjoy walking by water. DIFC, on the other hand, contrasts that by giving the opportunity to wine and dine in world-class restaurants which are walking distance to high-end art galleries.

And so, for this location I felt the outfit had to be simple yet chic, to reflect the young professional working population found there. This dress I recently bought was ideal. I loved how the bold straight-lined prints complimented the surroundings so well, whilst adding an interesting element to an office look. I chose some silver, chunky pieces for my jewellery and kept the shoes and bag as quiet as possible.

What did I learn? To make the most of the architectural features of a location. In this area, for example, I tried to focus on the lines, symmetry and repetition found all around.


Style tip: If you're wearing something with a loud print - keep that as the main focus. Choose one or two colours found in the print for your accessories, because instead of taking away from the interesting pattern, they will compliment it. Hence my decision to go for a black bag and shoes - less is always more!

Dress: H&M
Shoes: Zara
JewelleryTwinkle Boutique
















4 comments: