Today's style shoot was inspired by the numerous graffiti walls you find all around Greece - particularly in Athens. Although graffiti isn't always that nice to look at, some of the murals you find in Athens are actually amazing! I must say though, spending time there last year during the riots, I wasn't impressed when people began graffitiing on the marble of ancient monuments - how will that make anything better except ruin important historical icons? Who knows...

Anyway, I can't even tell you how many amazing locations there are in Greece. You can find run down buildings, stunning cliffside landscapes, rich green forest - basically anything you want! I just wish I had been there longer to take advantage of it. To any location scouts out there - take a walk around Athens city centre and you'll be spoilt for choice!!!


So, given that today's shoot was put together based on the location, I went for a more relaxed grunge look. I had never liked jean shirts until a couple of years ago when people began wearing them open rather than as a shirt. Evidently, I chose a jean shirt to go over a simple coloured tank top and some flowery trousers I picked up on my trip to Istanbul a few months ago. I added to the retro look with my beloved gold Casio watch and a vintage satchel from a market in Athens I got last year.

It was a really fun shoot which involved a lot of squealing when I realised I was sat near a huge spider crawling up the wall! But what really made my day was watching all the yiayias ('grandmas' in Greek) walk past looking totally confused and a bit unimpressed - I guess you don't often see someone sat posing near rubbish bins on your weekly trip to the grocery store hahah. Priceless!

Style tip: I love how shoes have the power to dress something up or down. If I wore sandals with this look, it would just make it that much more relaxed, while wearing wedges added a more dressed-up edge to it.

Jean top: H&M
Tank top: New Look
Jeans: Shop in Istanbul
Shoes: Aldo
Bracelets: Boom & Mellow
Necklace: H&M
Satchel: Vintage
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban



















0 comments:

Post a Comment