On the way back from Greece this summer, we made a pit-stop in Milan, due to full summer flights. It is such a cool city, just like everywhere in Italy - full of culture, history, art, you name it. How can you not love it!


I had wanted for ages to do a shoot with these silk trousers I adore. I love their pattern and how comfortable they are to wear out. So, I was looking for a colourful and interesting location to compliment them. When walking around the city, I stumbled upon this cute bridge named "Il Ponte dei 100 Colori" or, The Bridge of 100 Colours. It was perfect!

The bridge takes its name from an art exhibition carried out there earlier this year. It actually plays host to a number of exhibitions that occur annually, changing its name each time. And, given that it's an important walkway, it has a guaranteed audience!! The bridge itself crosses over a train-track joining two neighbourhoods in Milan, so is usually full of people passing by. Evidently, the shoot was pretty interesting, trying to dodge people to get the bridge when it was empty! We were also fighting with the sunset as it dropped earlier than we thought. A game chasing after sunlight is a norm for photographers!

I kept with black and gold as the accessories. You could easily wear silver, to compliment the hints of grey in the pattern, but because I'd just come from Greece with a nice tan, I wanted to wear as much gold as possible to bring out the shimmery tones.

Trousers: Zara
Top: Zara
Belt: Found in Mykonos
Bag: Tory Burch
Shoes: Straddivarius
Necklace: Accessorize
Earrings + Bracelet: H&M

Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/victoriametaxasphotography

















0 comments:

Post a Comment