I couldn't wait to get over to Greece this year after a hectic last few weeks on the course. It is one of the most magical times of the year to be there - family time, decorating eggs, lighting pretty easter candles, enjoying refreshing spring air and eating lots and lots of lamb (of course) :)

Something I noticed this time on my visit to Athens was the number of incredible shoot locations there were. I have got it firmly etched onto my bucket list to make sure I organise some shoots over there in the future - they would be truly amazing!

I spent one afternoon discovering the backstreets of the city - something we don't usually get to do. It was wonderful to see a city that lived somewhat how I think England used to be: A nation of shopkeepers. 
It's difficult to explain, but let's forget Tesco mega-stores and imagine that there did once exist individual bakers, meat-markets, fishmongers, shoe makers, green grocers etc. Seeing streets and streets each with shops offering different products was just so beautiful - from fresh spices to rolls and rolls of material to measure. I don't know, there is just something so much more romantic about little shops with their old owners, rather than walking into a massive fluorescent anonymous warehouse that sells everything under the sun i.e. Carrefour....boring.com. Oh well, I suppose it won't be long until Athens follows suit and the romance is lost... but let's hope not!



0 comments:

Post a Comment