Spring is finally here in London! Winter darkness is behind us and it's time to come out of hibernation. April is the time of year when we start enjoying another side to London life - open air cinemas, picnics in the park, beer gardens etc. It's such an exciting and invigorating capital, I can't help but count myself lucky to live in a city packed with world-class food, art, music...(minus the tube commute of course). 

When I moved back to London last August, I started to properly explore the city as a Londoner and realised that I knew only a tiny bit of this incredible microcosm. With that in mind, I decided to make it a pact to try something new every week, whether a new place to eat, a new exhibition, or new street market. And with there being so much to do here, it hasn't been difficult at all!!

I love being given new recommendations of places to go and things to do, so I thought I would start my Instagram series again on the blog. This way I can share a round-up of recent things I've been up to city, and maybe even inspire you with something new to explore :) If any of you have any recommendations, please share!!

Follow me on Instagram: @Victoriametaxas

- Pictured above is brunch with a twist at the Modern Pantry in Farringdon. This quaint restaurant is perfect for whoever loves something a little bit different for their weekend grub. I tried the delicious poached eggs with chorizo, sweetcorn and red pepper salsa... yumm!! Definitely book in for their afternoon tea - the menu looks delicious!


- Recently took day stroll to Greenwich. Apart from the obvious things to visit - the Royal Observatory, the Cutty Sark and the National Maritime museum - there is also the Old Royal Naval College, which acts as home to the Painted Hall. It's one of the only frescos as big in the UK - just amazing. Plus if you fancy a gorgeous lunch by the river, head to the Trafalgar Tavern, you won't be disappointed.


- Alexander Mcqueen: Savage Beauty exhibition - the exhibition we have all been talking about. It truly is an incredible display of work from the one of the fashion industry's greatest designers. From armadillo stilettos, to ram horn head pieces, the whole show takes you on a raw emotional journey finding the beauty in everything we wear.


- Enjoying the spring blossom all over London. Don't miss the daffodils outside Tower Hill station and of course the pink cherry blossom in front of St Paul's.


- A quick coffee and cake pit-stop at the Exmouth Coffee Company. Try not to drool all over the pastries :p
Oh and for all you coffee addicts, don't forget to check out the London Coffee Festival happening soon!

- Finally, my latest foodie discovery is the new diner, Bad Egg, recently opened by the team behind Princess of Shoreditch. Think eggs, cheeseburger hash, kimchi and pulled pork that come together to form a Chicago-inspired devilishly delicious evening out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment